Porcelain Veneers in Austin
Covering Imperfections to Create a Beautiful Smile
Do you want a smile you can be proud to show? Are you tired of looking at the stained and chipped teeth each morning when you wake up? If you think only those in Hollywood can achieve a perfect smile, you’ll be pleased to know that porcelain veneers aren’t only for the rich and famous. At Parkfield Family Dental, we can completely transform your smile, hiding any flaw or imperfection with these wafer-thin coverings.
Stop with the displeasing looks you give your smile every day, and call us at (512) 213-6778 to schedule an appointment today!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
If you have chips, cracks, stains, discoloration, gaps between teeth, misshapen teeth, or minor misalignment, porcelain veneers may be right for you. As a popular cosmetic treatment, these thin coverings hide imperfections and create a uniform, beautiful smile. They’re customized to your liking, so we’ll work with you to ensure you are happy with the size, shape, and even color before placing your new veneers.
What Is the Process of Getting Porcelain Veneers?
The first thing you want to do before getting porcelain veneers placed is to make sure your cosmetic dentist is highly skilled and experienced. Luckily for you, Dr. Tijerina and his team at Parkfield Family Dental are trained to give you the smile you want and deserve.
During the process, you can expect:
- We will administer local anesthesia. While it may not always be necessary, we’ll want to make sure you’re comfortable and at ease during the procedure.
- A small portion of your tooth enamel to be removed. This will allow the veneer to lay flat against your natural tooth and bond correctly when placed.
- We’ll take an impression of your mouth and send it to the lab to have your permanent veneers created.
- Once your permanent veneers arrive, you’ll return to have them placed.
Am I a Good Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
There are a few factors you must consider if you want to qualify for porcelain veneer placement:
- Sufficient tooth enamel. Although we’ll remove a small bit of enamel, there must be enough to start with.
- Apart from minor issues and imperfections, it’s important you have good overall oral health. If you have gum disease, tooth decay, or missing teeth, you’ll need to address these issues before having porcelain veneers.
- If you grind or clench your teeth, this treatment may not be right for you. Some dentists will place them even if you do suffer from bruxism, but the pressure from grinding can chip your veneers.
- You’ll need to commit to practicing good oral hygiene, which means brushing twice a day, flossing once a day, and seeing us every six months.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
If you’ve yet to sit with Dr. Tijerina for a consultation, you’re probably wondering about the benefits associated with porcelain veneers.
Some of these include:
- They cover a wide array of imperfections (gaps, chips, cracks, etc.)
- They’re stain-resistant
- They can last 15 years or more if properly taken care of and maintained
Porcelain veneers are easily maintained. Simply brushing, flossing, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash is all you need to do to keep them clean. It’s also important to see Dr. Tijerina for your six-month checkups, as this will allow him to check your veneers and make sure they’re in good shape.
Find out if our Austin porcelain veneers may be right for you when you contact us today!