Austin Metal-Free Restorations
Enjoy a Natural-Looking Solution for Cavities & Crowns
If you’ve ever had a damaged tooth, it was likely treated with a metal filling or crown. While they are durable and effective, they have a dark appearance. You don’t need to let them blemish your smile any longer. Nowadays, tooth-colored restorations are the go-to solution to repair compromised teeth. Rest assured, our office uses the latest materials and techniques to give you natural-looking results that last with metal-free dentistry.
Call us at (512) 213-6778 to find out if our metal-free restoration services are right for you.
What Are Metal-Free Restorations?
Traditional restorations can be comprised of a variety of metals, like silver, mercury, and even gold. While they are effective, they can create an eyesore when you smile.
As a result, you can choose a solution that blends in with your teeth, such as:
- All-ceramic crowns
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Natural-looking bridges
- Undetectable inlays and onlays
Depending on the type of restoration, it can be made of different materials, like zirconia for crowns or a composite resin for a filling. No matter the type of restoration, it’s custom-made to match your enamel, so you can smile, speak, and eat confidently knowing no one will notice it's there.
What Are the Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations?
Many people believe tooth-colored restorations aren’t as durable as their metal counterparts, but this isn’t true. In fact, they can last for a decade or longer with the right aftercare.
Metal-free crowns and fillings also offer several other advantages as well, including:
- Natural-Looking Results: They are customized to match your real teeth, so no one will notice they are there.
- Long-Term Solution: With the right care at home and from your dentist, your restoration can last for many years before needing to be replaced.
- Biocompatible: Since no metals are used, the restorations are biocompatible. This is the ideal solution for patients who have metal sensitivities.
- Affordable: Many dental insurances cover a portion of the cost of tooth-colored fillings and crowns when used for restorative purposes.
What Types of Metal-Free Restorations Are Available?
Now, you have more options than ever to enjoy a natural-looking restoration.
Depending on your specific needs, you can benefit from:
- Crowns: A crown is a custom cap that’s bonded over the entire visible surface of a tooth down to the gum line. It can be used to restore the health and function of a tooth while also improving its appearance.
- Fillings: A cavity is most often treated with a filling to prevent decay from extending deeper into the tooth.
- Bridges: If you’re missing two or more consecutive teeth in a row, an all-ceramic bridge can fill the empty spaces. It’s held in place by bonding dental crowns to the adjacent teeth.
- Inlays & onlays: Inlays and onlays are a middle ground between a filling and a crown. They are fillings created in a dental lab to treat a significant area of damage.
Schedule an Appointment Today
No matter if you have an old restoration you’d like to have removed or you need a new one, we have the natural-looking solutions you need.
Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for Austin metal-free restorations.