Invisalign® in Austin
When to Choose Invisalign for Clear Aligner Therapy
Invisalign was created in 1999 in response to the growing number of adults who wanted orthodontic procedures. An added benefit of Invisalign is that they are made with a patented material called SmartTrack®. It was developed after 8 years of research testing almost 300 different materials. The researchers would not quit until they created a product that was simple for patients to remove and put back in, gentle, comfortable, and effective. they SmartTrack is FDA-approved and is made out of thermoplastic that is free of BPA, BPS, gluten, and latex. Although many adults would prefer to wear clear aligners over traditional braces, Invisalign was not only designed for adults.
They were originally designed for mild cosmetic corrections, but now we can use them to correct more complex issues, including the following:
- Crowded teeth: If your teeth are too close together, it increases your chances of tooth decay and gum disease. This is because it hurts your ability to clean the teeth effectively. Invisalign can help create a healthy amount of space between your teeth, and the result will be a more beautiful smile and better health overall.
- Spaces between teeth: Some patients have the opposite problem, which is that there is too much space between the teeth. This creates insecurities and inconveniences. Food gets trapped between the teeth, which can even lead to bad breath and tooth decay. Invisalign can bring the teeth together and eliminate the additional space.
- Bite alignment: A misaligned bite can lead to TMJ issues, pain and discomfort in the mouth and jaw, and even headaches. Whether you have an overbite, crossbite, underbite, or open bite, Invisalign can effectively shift the teeth and bring them into proper alignment.
With Invisalign, patients have access to a variety of treatment plans. Invisalign Full is the most common plan that that patients select because it treats the entire mouth. Another option is Invisalign Lite, which is a shorter treatment option that is better for patients with mild malocclusion. Invisalign Express 10 is meant for less complicated cases. We recommend Invisalign Express 5 and Invisalign i7 for minor crowding and spacing problems. When you visit our office, we will examine your teeth, talk about your treatment goals, and decide on the right fit for you.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign was the first brand of clear aligners. They are often what comes to mind when we think of “invisible braces.” Because of this, Invisalign has the most experience in this field and has been able to develop and perfect the treatment.
- Invisalign aligners are robust and long-lasting, and they are thicker than other options on the market. This is great for patients who are busy and on-the-go as it helps protect the aligners.
- Invisalign allows us to track the progression of tooth movement over time to make sure that the treatment stays on track and we are moving towards your smile goals.
- After you begin Invisalign, the account stays active for five years. If, for any reason, you have to stop treatment, you can restart at no additional cost while your account remains active.
We want to make sure you love your smile, and Invisalign is one way we can do that. If you think Invisalign is right for you, call us at (512) 213-6778 or get in touch online through the contact box.