Dental Bonding in Austin
Easily Repair Smile Imperfections
It’s truly remarkable how one minor aesthetic flaw in one of your front teeth can throw off the appearance of your entire smile. Even the tiniest chip, stain, or gap can take a serious toll on your self-confidence. That’s why at Parkfield Family Dental, we offer a service called dental bonding, which is specifically designed to easily repair smile imperfections.
If you’re sick and tired of small flaws detracting from your overall beauty, give us a call at (512) 213-6778 today to learn more about dental bonding.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a highly conservative, non-invasive procedure during which Dr. Tijerina, your cosmetic dentist in Austin, applies a composite resin to your affected teeth. This material is incredibly malleable, almost like a putty. It’s applied to your tooth in layers until the tooth has reached perfection, and can be custom shaded to correct stains or blend in with the surrounding enamel.
Bonding can be used to fix a variety of smile flaws, such as:
- Minor gaps
- Stubby or worn-down teeth
- Stubborn stains that don’t respond to teeth whitening treatment
What Is the Procedure Like?
After a brief consultation to determine that dental bonding is right for you, the procedure itself can usually be completed in just one appointment. Dr. Tijerina will first lightly etch the affected tooth to help the composite resin better adhere to it. Next, the resin is applied layer by layer until your tooth reaches the desired size and shape. After the tooth is built up to its ideal form, the resin is quickly hardened with a curing light. Finally, your tooth is polished and checked for any final needed adjustments. Once the tooth has attained perfection, we’ll send you off into the world to enjoy your brand-new smile!
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
There are many advantages to getting dental bonding over other cosmetic treatments.
Some of these benefits include being:
- Depending on how many teeth you need treated, bonding can usually be completed in one appointment that takes an hour or less.
- Because little to no enamel is removed, you shouldn’t even need local anesthetic to feel comfortable throughout the whole procedure.
- Although bonding isn’t as long-lasting as porcelain veneers, your results can be expected to last up to 10 years with proper maintenance.
- Dental bonding is one of the most cost-effective cosmetic dentistry treatments currently available.
- Very little if any enamel is removed during bonding, especially when compared to crowns or veneers, allowing you to keep more of your natural tooth structure.
How Do I Take Care of My Bonded Teeth?
The good news is that caring for your bonded teeth is quite similar to maintaining your natural pearly whites. Remember to brush twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Floss at least once daily. Avoid consuming foods and drinks that leave behind stains, like coffee, tea, wine, berries, and darkly pigmented sauces. If you’re going to eat or drink these items, either sip them through a straw or brush your teeth right afterward. Lastly, be sure to see Dr. Tijerina for regular dental checkups to ensure your bonded teeth are still in good condition.
Contact our Austin dental bonding specialists to schedule an appointment. Parkfield Family Dental is committed to providing top-quality care for brilliant smiles.