Learn About Our Preventative and Restorative Dentistry Services in Austin
At Parkfield Family Dental Care, we strive to keep our patients’ teeth as healthy as possible to prevent pain and extra dental procedures down the line. The focus of our preventative dentistry program is to care for the teeth and set patients up for a lifetime of oral health. In order to achieve the highest level of dental health, the American Dental Associations recommends visiting the dentist regularly, typically every six months. When you come in for your regular teeth cleanings, you will be greeted with a smile and made to feel right at home. We will perform a thorough examination of the oral cavity and look out for signs of gum disease, tooth decay, and other issues. No two smiles are alike, and no two dental treatments should be alike either. Our Cone Beam CT 3D X-rays help us get as much insight as possible into the patient’s dental condition. This is a special type of X-ray equipment that produces 3D images of the teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways, and bones.
In a perfect world, regular teeth cleanings would be all you need. Sadly, even those who take the best care of their teeth need some extra help every now and then. This is where our restorative dentistry treatments come into play. When we perform restorative dentistry services, we essentially try to bring a damaged or decayed tooth back to life. We want to maintain the integrity of the tooth structure and its natural appearance, while making sure it can still function for its intended purposes like eating and chewing. There are many ways that Dr. Tijerina can achieve this: crowns and bridges, tooth-colored fillings, root canal therapy, extractions, and dentures and partials, to name a few.
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services in Austin
When your oral health is in visibly good condition, you will notice a difference in your self-esteem too. Thanks to our advanced skillset and commitment to staying informed on the latest dental technologies, our team can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. We will work alongside you to determine which treatment is best for your needs and make sure it is comfortable and successful. We are not satisfied until you're satisfied. Treatments we offer for cosmetic purposes include:
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are one of our most popular cosmetic treatments available because they fix any flaws that a patient might be concerned about. Porcelain veneers are like a one-way ticket to a dream smile. To make them, we mold a porcelain shell into a shape that is aesthetically pleasing for your individual smile. After we apply the shells, you will enjoy a beautiful, beaming smile for many years to come.
- Metal-free restorations: Thanks to the power of metal-free restorations, you no longer have to choose between functional restorations and natural-looking restorations. Metal-free restorations are a great way for us to replace or restore missing teeth and are long-lasting, and can last ten years or longer with proper care. They are also hypoallergenic, so patients with allergies to metal don’t have to worry about having a reaction.
- Dental bonding: When we perform a dental bonding procedure, we apply a tooth-colored resin and seal it to the other parts of the tooth with a special light. As the name suggests, this bonds the material to the tooth. It is a great way to repair chipped or cracked teeth, close gaps, alter the tooth shape, and can also be an alternative to fillings.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening gives patients the opportunity to brighten their smile during a short dental visit. Whitening products contain bleaches that make the color in your teeth less apparent. It is a safe, effective, noninvasive, and fairly simple treatment.
- Invisalign™: Everybody wants straight teeth, but most people don’t enjoy wearing the braces that it takes to get there. With Invisalign, patients have another option. With Invisalign, patients can achieve straighter, aligned teeth in a much less obvious way. In fact, most people won’t even know they’re wearing the Invisalign aligner unless you tell them! Straighten your teeth in secret – the results will speak for themselves.