Dental Crowns – Austin, TX
Repair Broken Teeth and Restore Your Smile
From poor oral hygiene to sudden injuries, there are plenty of reasons why you may find yourself with a weakened or broken tooth. If left untreated, a vulnerable tooth can develop painful and damaging infections that are expensive to treat. That’s why at Parkfield Family Dental, we’re happy to repair broken teeth and restore your smile with dental crowns in Austin! If you have weakened, unsightly, or damaged teeth, don’t hesitate to call us and schedule your next appointment!
How Do Dental Crowns Work?
Unlike the rest of your body, your teeth can’t heal themselves. Thankfully, dental crowns can fix a wide variety of dental issues. These tooth-shaped caps are precisely crafted from durable materials to fit snugly over the top of a tooth. They’re designed to encapsulate the entire visible surface, which allows them to redesign the appearance of a tooth while fortifying its structure. This common restoration is an excellent solution for teeth that are:
- Severely cracked, fractured, or broken.
- Weakened from large fillings or extensive decay.
- Naturally misshapen or small.
- Marred by stubborn stains or discoloration.
- Repaired with a root canal
- Missing, since a crown can be paired with a dental implant.
We can create your dental crown out of several different materials depending on its place in the mouth. Whether your new restoration is crafted from durable metals or beautiful dental porcelain, we always use safe, high-quality materials to keep your smile healthy.
How Are Dental Crowns Placed?
You can typically expect to repair your smile with a dental crown in just two easy appointments. Once you and your Austin dentist have decided a dental crown is right for you, your tooth will be prepared for the dental crown. A small amount of enamel needs to be removed to make enough room for your new restoration, but don’t worry—we’ll use a local anesthetic to completely numb the area that to help you feel comfortable throughout your entire treatment.
Once the tooth is prepared, we’ll take impressions and send them off to a dental lab, where they’ll be used to create your custom dental crown. Before you leave, we’ll fit you with a temporary restoration to keep your tooth safe. Before you know it, you’ll be coming back to our office to have your temporary dental cap replaced with your beautiful permanent dental crown. After we make any final adjustments and ensure your bite is comfortable, you’ll be ready to enjoy your happy, healthy set of pearly whites!
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are one of the most versatile dental restorations available. They offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Restore strength and function: A dental crown is designed to restore functionality of a damaged tooth while protecting it from further damage.
- Prevents dental infections: Sealing the entirety of a vulnerable tooth shields it from bacteria and prevents serious dental infections.
- Transforms imperfect teeth: A cosmetically flawed tooth can be redesigned completely to your liking with the help of a dental crown.
- Easy to care for: Dental crowns require no special care. Keep them healthy with the rest of your smile with excellent oral hygiene.
- Long-lasting results: With the proper care, you can expect your dental crown to last 10-15 years or more.